Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Small Victories

I know that I haven't posted in what seems like FOREVER, but I've been busy. My two little munchkins are a handful (and really, I wouldn't have it any other way. I love those stinkers.)

About two weeks ago I went to my doctor for my 9 month post-op check. For the last few months I've been stuck on this plateau and while I'm not gaining, I'm definitely not losing. It's been interesting seeing how my body has changed and adapted to this weight loss. My doctor assured me that I am doing great, and that what I've experienced is totally normal. So whew, that made me feel a ton better. I go back in March for my one year check (seriously, cannot believe it's been nearly that long!) and while I'm hoping to lose a bit of weight before then, I know if the scale doesn't budge, it's still considered normal. My doctor keeps telling me that I lost in 6 months what most people lose in the first year. So yeah, I'm doing fantastic.

Yesterday was Christmas and we've been to a few family get togethers, which in our family, involves a ton of awesome food. I may or may not (okay, I did) eat more than I planned on yesterday. We were at my mom's house for about 9 hours and the food there is always the best. I was afraid to step on the scale this morning (why torture yourself like that, haha) but to my surprise when I stepped on the scale this morning (after I had slept on and off for about 10 hours) I was actually four pounds LESS than I was yesterday morning! I'm sure it was some kind of fluke, though I did weigh myself several times and still got the same number. I'm still going to claim it as a small victory.

Oh, and one final tooting of my own horn. Today marks ELEVEN months of being soda and caffeine free!! I remember eleven months ago thinking that giving up soda and caffeine was going to be the biggest challenge for me in this whole weight loss surgery journey, but I've surprised myself. When I stopped drinking the crap, I never got that nasty migraine that everyone talks about, and honestly, I don't even miss the stuff. Okay, that's a fib. There are times when I miss the caffeine (like I said, I'm trying to keep up with two young kids! but I have a vitamin B-12 deficiency and I do monthly injections. They help with the lack of energy issue. I'm super proud of myself!

1 comment:

  1. I gave up pop (soda?!) over a year ago but there's no way I'm giving up caffeine! I love my iced tea!

    ReplyDelete