Saturday, July 21, 2012

Oh My!

I forgot to mention a funny little thing that happened at my 3 month check. So, the only time my doctor has ever checked my incisions was at my one week post-op appointment, and that was mostly just to have the drain removed. I've seen him a few times since then, and he's never checked my incisions. Never. Ever. So the day of my appointment is one of the hottest days we've had all summer. 100 degrees and just as humid. I didn't want to go to the appointment in the first place, and I certainly didn't want any clothes touching me unless it absolutely had to. So I decide to wear my new strapless cotton dress. It's super cute. Anyway, I actually feel somewhat comfortable in the dress because the fabric breathes. The doctor comes in to see me, and we talk about everything that needs to be talked about, and as he turns to walk out the door, he decides he needs to check my incisions. Now, remember, I'm wearing a strapless dress. I have two options. One is to pull the dress down, therefore exposing my breasts. And two, pull the dress up, therefore exposing, um, everything else. For reference, here is a picture of me in the dress (not taken that day).


There are some weird shadows going on, and although I look pissed, I wasn't. 


Doctor was really happy with how my incisions/scars look. You can't hardly tell they are there. I think it's because I'm always so pale, hahaha. I do have a picture of my scars, but I'm not nearly brave enough to post that photo.

1 comment: