Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Plateau

In one of my last couple posts I mentioned that my doctor told me it would be normal to hit a weight plateau where I won't lose anything for a while. Boy let me tell you. I have hit one. And I hate it! My weight has been the same for the last month or so, give or take a pound. I've tried making sure I drink only water, eat only protein, walk/exercise, etc and it doesn't change. It can be rather frustrating and discouraging at times. I know people tried to prepare me for this, and I thought I had a good grasp on it but now that it's happening, I just want to whine about it.

Our county Relay For Life was this weekend and I ended up walking about five miles around the track. It was 90 some degree weather and just as humid. I had so much sweat dripping off me that i thought i would have for sure lost a couple pounds! It was quite disgusting really. I have the blisters to prove it. The scale still didn't budge. Wouldn't you feel frustrated too?!

Tonight I have my monthly support group thing and although I haven't been since April, I think I need to go. It will be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment