Thursday, April 5, 2012

One Month Post-Op

Today I had my one month post-op doctor appointment. The doctor didn't spend a whole lot of time with me, but I am doing great. My incisions are all closed and healed (need to get some Mederma ASAP, haha) and I don't have any pain from them. I am tolerating this stage in the diet okay. I am itching to eat some actual food, but I still have one more month on this stage. Easter is going to be a bit of Hell though as there is always delicious food. I find now that I can walk longer without becoming winded or needing to stop for a break. My blood pressure is great (not that I had big problems before surgery) and I also haven't needed to take my diabetic medicine (I was considered pre-diabetic before surgery).

Every time I mention my weight loss surgery, the big question is 'How much have you lost?' Well, this afternoon at the doctor office, the scale read 48 pounds lighter than it did at my pre-consultation appointment at the end of January. I'm a little proud of myself.

Oh! I also cried tears of joy today! I stepped on to the scale at home right before jumping in the shower, and it was a number I haven't seen in nearly four and a half years.

No comments:

Post a Comment