Thursday, April 26, 2012

Ouch!

I know I haven't blogged in a few weeks, but I've been in this weird funk. I'm still on stage four, or the 'advanced liquid stage' of my post-OP diet and I've been starting to struggle with it. A couple weeks ago I was feeling fantastic and my son and I were doing some exercises. (Okay, it was really a Just Dance game for the Wii.) All of a sudden though, I heard this really loud "POP" and the next thing I know, I'm laying on the floor crying and in the most physical pain I've ever experienced in my nearly 30 years on this earth. I think I may have blacked out for a bit. I'm only 29 years old, I shouldn't have hip problems yet! I finally was able to get up and after struggling to get my son lunch and off for a nap, I popped some over the counter pain meds, and laid on the sofa with my pants off alternating ice and heat. The heat felt amazing, but the pain meds did nothing. Later that evening I drove myself to the monthly support group. (Group was great, if I get time tomorrow or this weekend I'll post about that.) After sitting in the chair for over an hour however, I was feeling even more sore. Thankfully group is in the building next to the hospital so after we were done, I took myself to the ER to get checked out. Once the doctor finally gets in to see just how bad it is, he determined that my hip bone wasn't broke or anything, but rather, it was diagnosed as being sacroiliitis. He also said there's not much I can do to help it get better. Just time and rest. Yeah, because that's easy to do with two young kids, haha. Finally this week I've started to feel more like myself, but it just stinks because I can't really do much besides walk, and can't even do much of that right now. My husband bought me this adorable pink Schwinn bike for Mother's Day, and I can't wait to use it. Hopefully the hip cooperates. Well, and the weather. I'm sure that has a lot to do with this funk I've been in.

1 comment:

  1. I'm sorry Amanda:( That sounds awful!! I will be hoping it heals and you start feeling good again! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete