Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Wedding Weekend

This past weekend my family traveled up north to a family wedding. We had a really wonderful time. It's been nearly 20 years since I was up that way, and the same for my husband as well. It was a nice little family getaway. We spent Mother's Day at Sleeping Bear Dunes. I actually climbed the dunes! If I did not have this surgery, there's no way I would have ever been able to do that again. If you've never been up to that area of Michigan, I highly recommend it. It's so gorgeous. 


If you read my last blog post, you'd know that I was struggling to find something to wear. I bought a dress but it ended up being so big. I spend several hours last Friday shopping for something new to wear but just didn't like anything. I ended up wearing the same dress I wore for my brother's wedding last summer. I think it looked much better this time around, though it was too big and kept sliding around weird. 


I've decided that I'm going to stop (or at least try to stop) focusing on the number on the scale, and just pay attention to how my clothes fit, how I feel, etc. As you can see in this side by side pic, I've lost a great deal of weight, and I'm thinking 90% of my weight loss has been in my face and breasts. I'm okay with the face. I do hope I keep some 'chubby' in my cheeks however. I'm disappointed with the breasts though. I keep telling myself that it will be okay because I can always buy new ones if I really want. 


And just one more side by side/before and after picture. I love this man with all my heart. He's been so amazing and supportive through all this, and he loves me just as much now as he ever did. Plus, I love hearing him tell me that he's proud of me. 









2 comments:

  1. You're doing great, girl! Keep up the great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You're doing a great job! Keep it up hun. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete