Sunday, May 6, 2012

Two Months Post-OP

It's been about two months since surgery. Things are going, for the most part, really well. I'm down 60 pounds since late January, sometimes more, sometimes less. It just depends on the time of day, and what day in my menstrual cycle I'm on. This past week I've stayed right where I'm supposed to be regarding the post-OP diet stages. The last few days however I've had this really weird pain in my stomach. I'm really hoping it is nothing major. Today was better than yesterday which was better than the day before which was the same as Thursday when the pain started.

I'm on this next stage of my diet now, stage 5. It includes the same things allowed on the previous stages (you can read about those four stages here) but on this stage, you are allowed:
*pureed meats (that may need to be thinned with broth)
*low fat cheese, cottage cheese, string cheese
*tofu
*well cooked or canned beans or peas - navy, kidney, pinto, lima beans and lentils and split peas
*soft well cooked vegetables (green beans, carrots, squash, wax beans)
*soft canned fruits (peaches or pears)

I have to say that I'm really excited about the fruit and cheese. I know I should be eating the veggies, but I cannot bring myself to eat cooked vegetables most of the time. It's a total texture thing. I know I need to work on getting more protein as I'm not currently getting what the doctors recommend. I tried some string cheese today and it was DELICIOUS. Seriously, one of the best things I have had to eat in a long time.

I've started to get cravings for certain foods. I hate it. I NEVER got cravings before, even while I was pregnant. It's just ridiculous. And of course they have to be for foods I can't eat.

Even though I have cheated with foods I am not supposed to be eating, I'm still pretty proud of myself. I have sacrificed a lot, and it's paying off. Next weekend we are traveling to my cousin's wedding. I've lost all this weight, I have a new dress and shoes. I need to do some tanning in an attempt to get some color on my legs. I have a new hair cut and I'm planning on coloring my hair by then. (I'm thinking RED!) Oh! And I'm also going and getting a pedicure and manicure before then! My husband and kids all have new dress clothes too and I think we'll look fabulous. I may even post a picture or two after!

No comments:

Post a Comment