Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Big Couple of Days

The surgeon doing my surgery has a list of requirements that ALL bariatric surgery patients absolutely need to follow before having surgery. One of these requirements is to attend at least one support group meeting BEFORE having surgery. Within our hospital system, there are four meetings a month, each week is a different city. I attended one tonight and it was rather interesting. Not bad interesting, just really informative. I learned things I need to do, and things I shouldn't do. It made me even more excited about surgery.

Tomorrow I go in for an endoscopy. I am scared crapless. I have never been put under for any medical procedure and honestly the thought of it brings me to tears. It's another one of those required things though, and just another step closer to surgery, so I will just have to suck it up.

I am just glad I don't need the endo for the same reason as this guy. Seriously, how did he swallow that?!

1 comment:

  1. Good luck with the endoscopy. Once it's over you will be like, "Why did I even freak out about that?" I mean I know going under is scary but it's NOTHING! It's like taking a nice nap! :) I have been put under a few times.

    ReplyDelete