Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Lucky Girl

As I sit here, the night before my surgery, I am reflecting on how I have so many amazing people in my life. My ever supportive family have gone above and beyond anything I could have expected. I have some of the most wonderful friends ever. They have said such sweet things to me these last few weeks, and I appreciate every single word. Even people I am not friends with have said such sweet things and have offered their thoughts and prayers during my surgery and recovery. A special thank you to my friends who have actually gone through the weight loss surgery and have spent so much time answering all of my annoying questions. I am so thankful that I have had the opportunity to talk to people who have been through this and tried to prepare me for the good, the bad and the ugly. It really warms my heart to see such an outpouring of love from everyone. If you are one of those amazing people, thank you. From the bottom of the heart, with every ounce in my body, thank you.

I have to say a huge thank you to my husband and children. I cannot even find the right adjectives to describe them. To say they are amazing is such an understatement. The three of them have always shown me unconditional love and their support is almost overwhelming at times. I love them all so incredibly much, and whenever I have moments of doubt and reconsider surgery, I just think that I'm doing this for them. My husband deserves a wife who will be around for the next fifty years. My children deserve a mother. I have had friends who have lost their parents at a young age, and I don't want that for my kids. I realize that there are no guarantees in life, and shit happens, but I at least have to take this chance to better all of our lives.

I love them all, with all of my heart.

2 comments:

  1. Good luck my friend, I'll be thinking of you all day tomorrow! :) Love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a beautiful picture of your family!!

    ReplyDelete